Frequently asked questions:
How to add feeds: You can always enter a website's address, or the link to its feed, in the "add feeds" menu. From any website or app, you can also use the "Share" menu, and send links directly to Feeds:
If Feeds' icon isn't visible, tap "More" (three dots), to toggle it first.
How to connect subscription: Login to a website where you have a subscription to get behind the paywall or gain additional content.
- Open an article and tap it to load the source
- Leave reader-mode if its activated (tap the highlighted "aA" in the menu)
- Navigate to a login-page (usually right there at the top)
- The next time Feeds update, it will fetch the premium content
How to delete a feed: Tap the plus button in the menu - here you can find most actions.
Know that all emails are read but sadly there is little time to write each person back. If you don't get a response - you will need to trust that we work as hard as we can to fix your issue, and will update the app as soon as possible. To make it possible to fix your issue, follow these steps:
- Read this help to see if the problem has not been reported before.
- Write step by step instructions of how to reproduce the issue, or make a screen recording.
- Is the letter nice enough to show to your mother?
- Can a sleep-deprived and/or drunk developer follow those instructions to reproduce the issue?
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are very thankful for all feedback and bugreports! Know that you are helping us twice as much as we are helping you.
Purchases and Subscriptions
Unlock the app by either buying a one-time unlock or a subscription. You will be granted a host of features and ensuring the continued development. All users will be given bug fixes and UI-improvements for free. The one-time unlock unlocks all existing functionality and grants upgrades at a reduced price. Subscriptions gives you everything, but only during the time they are active.
These features are given to supporters:
- Mute - hide posts containing phrases you don't care for
- Unlimited SiteFeeds - Turns web page into a feed with items, 3 sources are included for free
- Full article download - Similar to SiteFeeds but for RSS/ATOM, it fetches full articles and generates feed items from the data
- No ads - removes all ads.
Make sure to link to your feed using the link tag, like this:
<link rel='alternate' type='application/rss+xml' title='Your nice website' href='feed url'>
Then make an icon with size of (at least) 100x100 pixels. Link to it like using the "icon" link tag, or using the open-graph image tag (og:image). More info about open graph: http://ogp.me
Icon looks like this:
<link rel='icon' href='your website logo.png' />
Open graph icon looks like this:
<meta property='og:image' content ='your website logo.png' />
That is all!
Ads and promotion
Publishers can send their ads to the app, embedding it in the app instead of trying to infuse it inside an article - or other random places (which can be hard for the app to incorporate into an article)
- Publishers can promote their subscription offerings to let their readers login to their accounts (to connect to their subscriptions), right from the app. Or even purchase new subscriptions!
To be announced:
Send an email to get in on this
Site feeds are auto-generated (AI) feeds, taken directly from the site. Each article gets a summary, and the original is just a tap away! It means that you can follow every website who has a feed-like structure even if they don't support regular feeds. Especially useful for your news and magazine subscriptions, where you quickly get updates about your most important news. Just login first and the app will store the cookies needed to authenticate with the website.
Take note: since these feeds are generated by an artificial intelligence, that actually don't know how to read - the result can be quite strange at times. It makes, on occasion, the following errors:
- Treats links to non-articles, as if they were articles - e.g. advertising, help-pages or other information.
- Misses publish-dates, and tells you that old articles are published today.
- Misses e.g. name of author and such information usually found in the end of an article (but just tap it to read the full original article)
AI - automatic categories
Feeds has a natural language processing algorithm (NLP), that learns what you like and promotes the good stuff.
It puts articles into 5 categories, from interesting articles to things you probably don't care about at all. In the middle there is a category for undecided, where places articles it has not yet enough data.
You train it by simply reading articles, but can also override its settings by marking articles with thumbs up/down by swiping to the right. Its only necessary to do this if you feel that it has made an error, or if you read an article with a catchy title but dull content - and you want to filter similar articles in the future.
This is quite an advanced algorithm and countless of hours have been spent to make it fast, accurate and able to run on the device in your hand. This is what guarantees your privacy, there is no need to send its data for processing on the server so nothing gets sent. It all stays in your control in the palm of your hands!
The main limitation is that it can only work with languages it knows a fair bit about, and the following languages are currently supported:
Download full article from RSS
Simply tap the full-article icon when reading an RSS-feed. Note that the result might be less than perfect since it is a non-trivial job to figure out what's the actual article and what's navigation or other site-info.
Tapping on an article loads the source, and lets you read the full article. You can also make your reading even more efficient by swiping.
Closing (swiping left-to-right) will close an article or leave reading-mode if you have previously tapped it.
Close-swiping when no article is open will mark all articles as read.
Swipe the other direction to share an article, note that it must be opened first.
Tap to read the original article straight from the source.
Articles are marked as read automatically as you scroll by (becomes slightly grey), no more fiddling with read/unread.
New articles always comes in below visible posts, no matter when they were published or what sorting is used - fresh new posts will always be scrolled in as you read.
Just read naturally from top to bottom, and continue scrolling to the next post of interest. It might feel strange at first, but you will come to love it soon!
Continue scrolling when you have reached the bottom (drag past the end) to fetch new ones. Natural as the way God intended scrolling!
Auto-purge: The app detects news feeds and automatically deletes articles older than today, so your reading list will never grow too large. Articles from non-news will be untouched. You can toggle this feature in settings > View all subscriptions (and then tapping a feed).
Mute: You can mute phrases you don't like, then a post containing that phrase will be shrunk to minimal size. One tap brings it back to normal. You may mute using plain text or "regular expressions" for all you coders out there.
Share text: You can share just the text of an article, just select share from the menu or swipe, and on the second row - scroll until "Copy text".
- Sorting: Don't forget that you can sort articles any way you like. Tap the cog to access settings.
- Shortcuts to settings. If you are reading a post and selecting "Feed Settings" in the menu, that feed is selected automatically. The same applies to delete.
Don't worry! We are just on the second version. These features are coming:
- Decent fonts
- Connect to existing subscriptions (remove paywalls).
Push notifications for the most interesting articles Download all of the article for RSS feeds Readable code blocks Filter uninteresting articles/categories
- iPad version
- Android version
- Web version
Who made this?
I did! My name is Olof Thorén, and you can read more about me and the company here: https://aggressive.se/. There is even a very personal corporate blog!
- Icon designed by Maja Schiöler
- Code & design by me